When you first arrive in Canada you may need short-term housing. Many places have daily, weekly, or monthly rates for short-term housing. Some options include:

  • Hostels, motels and hotels
  • Bed and breakfasts (B&Bs)
  • Apartments
  • Guesthouses
  • College and university residences (open from May to August for non-students and families)

You may also be able to sublet (rent from a renter) a house or apartment for a few months. You can find sublets in local newspapers or through college/university housing services as many students leave the Region between May and August.

You can find short-term housing by contacting a travel agency or using Canada.travel, HomeAway or AirBnB.


Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre

102 King Street W, Kitchener ON

YMCA Immigrant & Employment Services

800 King Street W, Kitchener ON
258 Hespeler Road, Cambridge ON

KW Phone: 519-579-9622

Cambridge Phone: 519-621-1621

Email YMCA Immigrant & Employment Services